Hip hip hooray! Celebrate another year of YOU with some of our amazing balloon decor! Whether you are wanting to send a gift to a friend, or decorate your event, we would love to help you bring a smile to someone’s face!
Who doesn’t love a birthday party!? It’s the one day a year where everything is all about YOU, so why not throw yourself the biggest birthday bash ever! There are so many cool, elegant and creative ways to decorate your event and we would love to offer our professional opinion on how to best style your space in a way that complements your theme and venue.
As party themes and decor are subject to change depending on the special birthday boy/girl, the party theme and the event space, there is a huge range of options to choose from. Our aim is to show you our most popular arrangements, styles and colour schemes from all the parties we have done before. Hopefully after reading this you will have a better idea of what will work best for your event.
But first! Things to consider when decorating your event and placing an order:
- Is the party outdoors or indoors?
- Outdoor spaces will require heavier weights for helium arrangements. Please let us know if you require this.
- If you are planning on having your party in an indoor space that will have windows/doors open during the event, we don’t recommend getting loose balloons as they often escape. Not only is this a waste of your money, but it is also an environment issue.
- If you do choose to use loose balloons (indoors) we ask that at the end of your event you pop and bin the balloons to minimise the chance of this happening.
- Please note that we do not sell loose balloons being used for outdoor balloon releases.
- The size of the venue
- What size balloons will best fit in your space? E.g Our 3ft balloons will probably be too big for a public space like a pub/restaurant.
- Will there be space inside the venue to have floor arrangements?
- The number of people attending
- How many tables will there be and do they all need table centres?
- Are you giving out balloons at the end of the event? How many will you need?
- Does the venue accept helium/confetti?
- If the venue does not take helium, check out our air filled table arrangements
Some of our balloon arrangements perfect for any birthday are:
- Standard 7 Balloon floor arrangement
Not too busy but not too boring, these sit at floor height and are great for marking out an entrance or space within a room. If you want to bulk it up a little more, go for a 9 balloon arrangement instead.
- Standard 5 Balloon table arrangement
Sitting at table height, this arrangement adds some excitement to the space without getting in the way of conversation.
Go big or go home! Write your name or display your new found age, Megaloons are the perfect way to make the reason for celebration known!
- 16″ or 3ft Confetti balloons.
These beautiful balloons bring a little sparkle to the party. The 16″ balloon is stunning as a simple yet elegant table centre, where as the 3ft balloon is perfect for making a statement. Mix and match from a range of different colours to suit your event! Personally, I cat’t go past the classic multibright, black and gold, or white and rose gold.
- Organic Designs
These are perfect for venues that don’t accept helium as they are air filled. Just make sure there are rigging points that we can tie it to!
- Loose balloons
Simple yet effective, the atmosphere that loose balloons create in a room shouldn’t be taken for granted.
When we think of a kid’s party we think fun, bright and exciting. Our classic Multibright colour scheme is perfect for this, bringing all the colours of the rainbow to your space.
If you’re after some softer tones, perhaps for a child still in their early years, our Pastel mix adds colour to the space without being too dominating.
Combine our latex balloons with some foil balloons to add a little character to the space and and help it complement your party theme. Check out ways to do this as well as other decorative balloon ideas on our Pinterest.
Want to go for something a little bigger? We can do that too! Check out our organic designs, arches and custom sculptures for some inspiration, or chuck us an email if you have any questions or want to place an order!
We find that when styling parties for an older demographic, clients’ focus is usually more on selecting a beautiful colour scheme. Browse our colour range to choose the best balloons to complement your space and tie in with your theme, or check out our pinterest if you need some inspiration figuring out some cool and creative colour combinations.
THE BALLOON CREW’s hot tips for choosing your colour combo!
- Stick to 2-4 colours. Too many can get crowded and too little is boring. We usually like a mix of 3 colours the best, as the third colour adds a little more depth to the scheme.
- Mixing gradients of one colour is a really simple way to add interest to your colour scheme. See below for examples.
- Its is recommended to stick to one finish of balloon – Pearl/metallic, Standard/fashion, Neon or Chrome. This tends to complement and tie the colours together quite nicely. However, this is just a suggestion and sometimes mixing finishes can add contrast to the space and look really good.
- One way to make your garland a little different from the standard design is by incorporating our mirror finish Orbz, Confetti balloons and translucent Bobo/Aqua balloons. Each available in a range of colours, these products add a finishing touch to the design that makes the balloons really stand out. Send us an email to enquire about how you can incorporate these product into your design.
- If you are wanting something more personal and don’t mind spending a little extra, custom colour blends are a great way to do this. These rich and bold hues offer a wider variety of shades and can be tailored to match a specific feature/colour in the space. Check out our blog on custom colour blends here if this is something that you might be interested in. Below is an example of an Organic Garland in Fashion Navy, Double stuffed light blue and Gold Confetti blast.
- Our favourite colour schemes:
- Pearl Black, Pearl White, Pearl Gold
- Pearl Rose Gold, Pearl Peach, Pearl White
- Pearl Midnight Blue, Pearl Rose Gold
- Pearl Mint Green, Pearl White, Chrome Green
- Fashion Caribbean Blue, Fashion Tropical Teal, Standard White
If you’re looking for some inspiration in regards to themed decor, some popular themes that we have loved doing are Gatsby, Hollywood and Winter Wonderland. Below are some designs that we have created for these themes. For other birthday ideas and decor check out our Pinterest.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE. There are many variables to take into account when planning for your balloons.
- Some venues do not allow helium filled balloons. Please make sure to check with the venue before ordering.
- Changes in temperature affect the size and clarity of helium balloons. If you move your balloons directly from a warm to cool/air conditioned area it may result in the balloons deflating. If you are planning on hosting your event in an outdoor space, the balloons will be likely to oxidise quicker or pop/deflate. As such, we recommend finding a spot in the shade or going for an Air filled arrangement instead!
- If you purchase your balloons the day before your event, make sure to store your balloons in a room temperature area that is out of direct sunlight. Do not leave your balloons sitting in your car for long periods of time as this will likely result in popping/deflation. For more information on how to make your balloons last longer visit our FAQ page and read up on Balloon Shine and Hi-Float.
- We DO NOT sell/supply loose helium balloons that will be used for balloon releases. For more information please visit http://www.peba.com.au/peba-blogs/sue-bowler-uk-blogs-why-we-should-ban-balloon-releases-re-balloon-releases/
Need some inspiration?
Check out our Instagram for balloon decorating ideas